Chateau Dumas is on the edge of the tiny village of Auty and 6 km/ 4 miles from Caussade, an attractive market town with all the conveniences including supermarkets and restaurants. The Chateau is within 30 minutes of both Cahors and Montauban.
Also 6 km/4 miles away and visible from the Chateau is the delightful medieval hilltop village of Montpezat de Quercy with its 14th century church (Collegiale St Martin) and 16th century tapestry.
Highlights in the area include:
- The vineyards and historic city of Cahors and the Lot valley
- The Aveyron Gorges with kayaking, hiking, climbing and riding
- Local golf, horse riding fishing, gliding, microlighting
- Bastide fortified villages of Cordes, Bruniquel, Penne, Saint Antonin Noble Val and Villefranche de Rouergue
- Prehistoric caves of Grotte de Bosc and Grottes de Roland
- The religious centre of Moissac and medieval Montauban
- Toulouse – history, culture, shopping, restaurants, art, Airbus and the Space Centre
- Famous sites of Rocamadour, Souillac, Condom and the Dordogne within 90 minutes
- A wide selection of restaurants and cafes as well as Michelin starred restaurants within a short drive
- Walking and skiing in the Pyrenees two and a half hours away