CHATEAU DUMAS: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your booking is with our company: SARL Domaine Chateau Dumas (“the Company”) a company registered in France with its registered address at Chateau Dumas, Auty, 82220 France Siret no: 488819954 TVA no: FR03488819954. The agreement concerns the holiday rental or workshop participation of part or all of Chateau Dumas (“the Property"). Contact email: email@example.com
2. Your place on one of our workshops or your holiday or event booking will be confirmed once we have received a non returnable deposit of 25% of the total amount due, or such other amount as we may agree with you. Payment may be made by credit card or by transfer to our bank in France.
3. The balance of the amount due, together with any security deposit (see Clause 5) is payable no later than twelve weeks before the arrival date. If payment is not received by the due date, we are entitled to give notice in writing that the reservation or workshop place is cancelled. The Guest will remain liable to pay the balance of the rental or workshop place unless we are able to re-let the property or sell the place. In this event Clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Bookings made within twelve weeks of the start date require full payment at the time of reservation.
4. Unless otherwise agreed the rental includes bed linen, bathroom and pool towels, a daily maid (except Sundays or public holidays). Breakfast, and other catering, is available as outlined in the workshop description. Please note that smoking is not permitted inside the Property. Smoking is permitted outside or on the Terrace. Candles are only allowed on the dining table and under no circumstances in the bedrooms.
5. A security deposit of between £500 and £800 is usually required to be paid (by separate cheque) at the same time as the final rental balance is payable. It will be held subject to any cause of loss, damage or negligence against the property and its contents or failure to return the property upon departure in the condition in which it was found. Reasonable wear and tear is excluded. The Company reserves the right to deduct funds from the security deposit for extra cleaning costs where the property has been left in an unsatisfactory condition. The Company will account to the Guest for the security deposit and refund the balance on departure. The security deposit does not apply to Workshop participants.
6. There are no refunds in the event of a cancellation. The deposit in not refundable and there is no refund after the balance has been paid. Guests are required to arrange travel insurance including cancellation cover plus cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, as these may not be covered by the owner's insurance.
7. Unless otherwise agreed the workshop begins at 3.30 p.m. on the first day and finish at 11 a.m. on the last day. However, we would ask you please to vacate bedrooms by 10am.
8. The swimming pool is open between June and end of September and at other times by prior agreement only.
9. The maximum number of people staying overnight at the property must not exceed the number agreed with us when booking. Please let us know in advance of any outside visitors who may be visiting the Property during your stay.
10. Neither we nor the Company nor our staff will be liable to the Guest(s):
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, gardens or swimming pool.
- for any loss, injury or damage caused by failure to follow reasonable directions and instructions provided by us or our staff.
- for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strike, or other matters beyond control of the Company.
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Guest(s) if the property should be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event the owner shall within seven days give notification to the Guest(s) and refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- for any injury, death or loss (other than through the Company’s or Owners own negligence) suffered to parties renting the Property. Under no circumstances shall the Company’s or the Owners’ liability to the Guest(s) exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
11. The Guest(s) agrees to supervise all children at all times (but particularly those under 6) and in particular when in or near the swimming pool; when opening or closing windows and/or their shutters; when on the Terrace, and on the Steps leading down to the Pool area
12. This contract shall be governed by English law. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought exclusively in England.